Monday, August 22, 2011

Board Rescue


Some of you may know via twitter that I was asked by my friend Judi Oyama to design a skateboard for Board Rescue's upcoming art show and auction.  As a female pro skater, I was totally honored to be asked, but since I am not really an "artist" (in the "drawing amazing shit" sense)  I was a bit freaked out that I might let them down. I mean just look at all the talented pro skater guys who are also rad artists that are participating.

After 2 weeks of sorting out ideas, coming up with methods on how to execute those ideas, and then narrowing them down I finally did it!

I'm pretty stoked on how it came out and I am hoping it gets a lot of bids in the E-Bay auction so Board Rescue can raise a lot of money to get skateboards to low income and at risk kids.

As soon as I am allowed, I'll be posting pics of the board and how it was made and a link to the auction where you can see all the amazing boards.

3 comments:

Cristi Silva said...

DUDE! have so much fun with that! I can't wait to see your board!!!!! What a rad honor!

BabyShrigs said...

nice!

Judi Oyama said...

Your board is awesome. Can't wait to start showing it off. Thank you! You are the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...