Friday, January 22, 2010

The Awesome Lyn-Z

I had the pleasure of working on a photo shoot with Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins a few years back and she was one of the nicest girls you will ever meet.

So I am stoked that my friend and fellow skateboarder, Xavier Lannes  just interviewed her for his amazing blog   I SKATE, THERE FORE I AM .


I am only give give you a taste of the interview and the photos here - you'll want to got to his website to see the rest of this insanely good interview with one of my favorite female skateboarders.

Here is the intro to the interview Xavier did with Lyn-Z.


Lyn-Z is really a phenomenon in skateboarding: she was the first female to jump the gap in the DC ramp in 2004, and she was only 15 years old at the time (see the video from http://www.skatedaily.net/ here), she was the first female to land a McTwist 540 on a skateboard in an art and music event held in Paris' historic Grand Palais, built for the 1900 Paris Expedition. She is also a sensation in contests (see results below): she got the 1st place at the X Games 10, 1st place at the X Games 13, 2nd place at the X Games 14.

Click HERE for the rest of the interview.



   



Photo: Joe Scarnici

Yep - that's still Lyn-Z just with dark hair! I love how she easily mixes up her style and look continuously.




1 comment:

Xavier said...

Thank you Cindy. Your blog is great. Take care. Xavier

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...